Racetrack veterinarians manage large volumes of horses in a single workday, so workflow efficiency is paramount.
In a partnership with The Jockey Club, the GVL platform now allows users to search The Jockey Club registry to automatically pull horse record information into the GVL platform. This functionality decreases the fields requiring manual data entry and speeds up the certificate creation process.
How it works:
- The clinic must first enable the functionality to access The Jockey Club lookup. To enable the feature, the Account Manager for the clinic will need to log into their GVL account and navigate to the Clinic page. Once on the clinic page, select “The Jockey Club” under the Settings section to enable access.
- Once enabled, The Jockey Club lookup can be accessed in two areas of the product:
While in the Animal Records section, select “Create Animal” in the top right corner of the screen. This will open the New animal drawer. Add the horse’s microchip to the “The Jockey Club lookup” field and click the Search button.
The user can also access The Jockey Club lookup when creating an EIA and adding a NEW animal. Within a draft EIA, select “Create New” horse in the Horse field. This will open the New animal drawer. Add the horse’s microchip to the “The Jockey Club lookup” field and click the Search button.
Important Information Regarding The Jockey Club lookup functionality:
- Horse images and owner information are unavailable through The Jockey Club lookup, as they do not collect this information in their registry.
- Horse records currently in the GVL platform CANNOT be updated using The Jockey Club lookup feature. This feature is only available for creating new animals.
- The animal record is not created until the user selects “Save” in the New animal drawer. When in the EIA product, the animal record is saved in the GVL system after the user selects “Save” in the New animal drawer. Saving the draft of the EIA is NOT required.