The import permit number is given by the state of destination when you give them the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) serial number.
To obtain the permit number, follow these steps.
- Create the CVI, look it over for errors, and save it.
- Go to More in the top right corner.
- Select "Finalize for permit number."
- This generates a certificate number at the top of the screen.
- Call the State Veterinarian’s office and give them the Certificate number. They will then give you an import permit number.
- Return to the CVI draft under the "Awaiting Permit" tab.
- Locate the CVI and open it.
- Click the "Add permit number" button at the top of the screen.
- Enter the permit number and save.
- Sign the CVI.