Completing an International Health Certificate for the Commercial Movement (export) of a Pet

GlobalVetLink’s Compliance Assistant works to streamline the international health certificate workflow in your clinic. Previously, only the creation of international health certificates for non-commercial movements was available. The GVL Compliance Assistant now supports both commercial and non-commercial movements and can create compliance health certificates based on the client's needs. 

How it works:

  1. Start by creating an International Health Certificate.
  2. Select the country the pet is traveling to.
  3. Under “What type of movement is this?” select “Commercial movement.”

    Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.29.57 AM.png
  4. Based on the country selected, the system will recognize if different requirements and/or documents are needed for commercial pet movements to this country. Complete the remaining required fields for the final destination country and sign the International health certificate.
  5.  Submit International health certificates to the USDA for endorsement.

Important Information Regarding Commercial International Health Certificates:

  1. Not all countries have different requirements for the commercial movement of pets.
  2. For countries with different commercial requirements, the health inspection of the pet by the Accredited Veterinarian must be completed within 48 hours of departure.
  3. The method of travel can only be Air Cargo for commercial movements of pets, which is therefore defaulted to in the application.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful