Each airline has specific requirements for pet travel. These requirements may include age and breed restrictions, documentation, and flight time duration. It is recommended to consult the air carrier’s website to learn more about specific requirements.
Articles in this section
- Recommendations for pet owners to promote safe travel of pets:
- Who regulates live animal transportation via air?
- How early should a pet owner arrive at the airport to check in for their flight?
- Is tranquilization or sedation recommended for pets flying?
- What kennels/crates or carriers are recommended for air travel?
- What documentation is required for a pet to travel via air?
- What health requirements does a pet need to travel by air?
- What is an acclimation statement or certificate, and why do I need it?
- How might weather temperatures impact a pet's travel?
- Are there any age limits for pets to travel via air?