It is acceptable to have a gap between the two rabies vaccination. However, the most recent one must be valid, given 30 days or more before entry and before its administration expiration date.
Articles in this section
- Hawaii Travel Preparation Intake Form
- Creating a Hawaii Pet TravelPass
- Hawaii Neighbor Island Inspection Permit (NIIP) Information Sheet
- Why is the FAVN test results upload listed as optional on the Rabies upload step?
- Do the two rabies certificates need to be continuous, or is a gap in time ok?
- Are there any validations tied to dates, like there are in the International Pet TravelPass?
- Does the owner have to print the Neighbor Island Inspection Permit (NIIP) before traveling to Hawaii?
- How does the owner receive the Neighbor Island Inspection Permit (NIIP)?
- Where can I find a list of approved inspection clinics for the islands?
- If the AQS-279 form and rabies certificates are required at least 30 days before arrival in Kahului, Kona, and Lihue, when does the veterinarian need to complete the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)?