Yes - The Animal Quarantine Station will send an email to the primary email address listed on the AQS-279 form once documents are received and the pet qualifies. Owners are required to print a copy of the NIIP emailed to them to present to the airlines. They will not be able to board without the NIIP.
Articles in this section
- Hawaii Neighbor Island Inspection Permit (NIIP) Information Sheet
- Why is the FAVN test results upload listed as optional on the Rabies upload step?
- Do the two rabies certificates need to be continuous, or is a gap in time ok?
- Are there any validations tied to dates, like there are in the International Pet TravelPass?
- Does the owner have to print the Neighbor Island Inspection Permit (NIIP) before traveling to Hawaii?
- How does the owner receive the Neighbor Island Inspection Permit (NIIP)?
- Where can I find a list of approved inspection clinics for the islands?
- If the AQS-279 form and rabies certificates are required at least 30 days before arrival in Kahului, Kona, and Lihue, when does the veterinarian need to complete the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)?
- How is travel to Kahului, Kona, and Lihue different from travel to Honolulu?
- Why is Direct Airport Release (DAR) the only entry program for Hawaii neighboring islands?