Yes - the product must be labeled as an effective treatment for Echinococcos multilocularis. It is recommended to use a medication that contains praziquantel as the active ingredient.
Articles in this section
- How do I download the International Health Certificate and other certificates to upload to VEHCS?
- What do I do when the requirements do not specify which products or active ingredients should be used for internal or external parasite treatment?
- What if the pet is unable to meet any of the requirements of the destination country?
- What do I need to bring the pet back into the United States after traveling internationally?
- Who is the consignor and consignee when traveling internationally with my pet?
- What if a person is not traveling with the dog/cat? Do the same rules apply?
- Does it matter if I am taking one dog or cat versus multiple dogs or cats?
- Do the same rules apply if I am just visiting a country on holiday versus relocating permanently?
- If the pet will be traveling to multiple countries or through multiple countries on the way to the country of destination, what does the pet need for each of the countries?
- Does the pet need to be seen at the APHIS VS office when the health certificate is endorsed?