Why does Mexico and Canada not require an International Health Certificate (IHC)?

Mexico and Canada do not have a separate country specific IHC.

Canada only requires a CVI and Rabies certificate to enter the country.

Mexico (as of December 2019), does not require any documentation for pets (dogs/cats) to cross the border. It is recommended that pet owners still have a CVI and Rabies certificate when traveling to Mexico.

For both of these countries, a GVL CVI and Rabies certificate are allowed.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful