The original documents, with original signatures, must be presented to the country’s customs officials when entering the country. However, it is recommended to make a copy of the documents and carry them with you. Some countries will require a copy to be kept by the customs officials.
Articles in this section
- Submitting an International Pet TravelPass through VEHCS
- Creating a International Pet TravelPass
- Create a Copy of a Completed International Pet TravelPass
- How do I download the International Health Certificate and other certificates to upload to VEHCS?
- What do I do when the requirements do not specify which products or active ingredients should be used for internal or external parasite treatment?
- What if the pet is unable to meet any of the requirements of the destination country?
- What do I need to bring the pet back into the United States after traveling internationally?
- Who is the consignor and consignee when traveling internationally with my pet?
- What if a person is not traveling with the dog/cat? Do the same rules apply?
- Does it matter if I am taking one dog or cat versus multiple dogs or cats?