Requirements for pet travel, including required exams, testing, treatments, vaccinations, and/or paperwork, are set by the destination country and vary. Most international travel will require the following:

  • Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)

  • Rabies certificate

  • Health Certificate (Destination country)

Health certificates are issued (completed, signed, and dated) by a local USDA-Accredited veterinarian who examines the pet and performs (or verifies) all required testing, vaccinations, or treatments. Many destination countries require health certificates to be endorsed (counter-signed and embossed/ stamped) by APHIS after they have been issued by a USDA-Accredited. veterinarian.

Guidance for international pet travel can be found on theAPHIS Pet Travel Website:

Did this answer your question?