Due to each country's specific requirements, timing for travel planning will vary.
Factors that can play into the timeline include:
- Does the destination country require the pet to have an import permit?
- Is a microchip required?
- Do required treatments, tests, or vaccines need to be given after the microchip was implanted?
- Does the destination country require vaccinations, treatments, or laboratory tests to be given or performed?
- Is there a time frame that the vaccinations, treatments or test have to be performed within?
- Is there a waiting period after the vaccinations, treatments, or laboratory tests has been performed?
- Is there a specific type of vaccine, treatment or test that must be used?