Check out this video for an overview of creating a VFD in the GVL platform.
You are the veterinarian for Eastern Show Goats. Their animal caretaker Nikki requested you come out to their farm in Fairfield, PA for you to examine their breeding goats. After conducting your exam, you’ve told Nikki she will need to feed the goats chlortetracycline for 21 days. You’ve calculated they will need to be fed chlortetracycline at the concentration of 160 g/ton in order to provide 80.0 mg/head/day. The chlortetracycline drug you wish to feed is only approved for sheep. You’ve determined all Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) regulations have been met in order to authorize the extralabel use of a VFD medicated feed for a minor species. Write a VFD using the following information. You can create your own addresses for the owner and animal locations.
- Owner/Client: Eastern Show Goats - Fairfield, PA
- Animal locations: Eastern Show Goats - Fairfield, PA
- Feed distributor: Cooperative Milling, Inc.
- Species: Ovine
- Click Select a minor species
- Minor species: Caprine
- Withdrawal time: 30 day
- Notice: A statement in accordance with CPG 615.115 will be added to the special instructions field of this document. You will also need to enter a justification statement.
- Headcount: 20
- Drug: Aureomycin (chlortetracycline)
- Production class: Breeding Sheep
- Indication: Reduction in the incidence of (vibrionic) abortions caused by Campylobacter fetus infection susceptible to chlortetracycline.
- Expiration date: 6 months from today’s date (default)
- Dosage: 160 g/ton
- Duration: 21 days
- Combination drugs: This VFD ONLY authorizes the use of the VFD drug(s) cited in this order and is NOT intended to authorize the use of such drug(s) in combination with any other animal drugs.
After entering the above information, click Preview & sign in the upper right corner and select Preview PDF. After previewing the VFD, sign the certificate by clicking Sign and entering your username and password. After signing, download the completed VFD by clicking Download PDF in the upper right corner of the VFD page.