Check out this video for an overview of creating a VFD in the GVL platform.
John Miller is a beekeeper who has a colony of honey bees (about 10,000 bees) just outside of Brainerd, MN. You, as the veterinarian, examined the honey bees and came to the conclusion they need to be given oxytetracycline at the concentration of 7,000 g/ton for 30 days. Write a Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) using the following information. You can create your own addresses for the owner and animal locations.
- Owner/Client: John Miller - Brainerd, MN
- Animal locations: John Miller - Brainerd, MN
- Feed distributor: Mann Lake LTD
- Species: Invertebrate
- Headcount: 10,000
- Drug: Terramycin 100MR (oxytetracycline)
- Production class: Honey Bees
- Indication: Control of American Foulbrood caused by Paenibacillus larvae, and European Foulbrood caused by Streptococcus pluton susceptible to oxytetracycline.
- Expiration date: 6 months from today’s date (default)
- Dosage: 7,000 g/ton
- Duration: 30 days
- Combination drugs: This VFD ONLY authorizes the use of the VFD drug(s) cited in this order and is NOT intended to authorize the use of such drug(s) in combination with any other animal drugs
After entering the above information, click Preview & sign in the upper right corner and select Preview PDF. After previewing the VFD, sign the certificate by clicking Sign and entering your username and password. After signing, download the completed VFD by clicking Download PDF in the upper right corner of the VFD page.