Check out this video for an overview of creating a VFD in the GVL platform.
You are a veterinarian at Cattle Veterinary Services. Your client Robert Smith has a herd of 100 beef cattle located on his ranch near Amarillo, Texas that need to be treated with chlortetracycline through their feed. You decided the cattle need 35 g/ton of chlortetracycline for 183 days and not to be fed in combinations of other animal drugs. Robert Smith will be purchasing the medicated feed from Animal Health International in Amarillo. Before Robert can feed the chlortetracycline to his cattle, you will need to write a Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD). Write a VFD using the following information. You can create your own addresses for the owner and animal locations.
- Owner/Client: Robert Smith - Amarillo, TX
- Animal locations: Robert Smith - Amarillo, TX
- Feed distributor: Animal Health International - Amarillo
- Species: Bovine
- Headcount: 100
- Drug: Aureomycin (chlortetracycline)
- Production class: Beef Cattle
- Indication: Control of bacterial pneumonia associated with shipping fever complex caused by Pasteurella spp. susceptible to chlortetracycline.
- Expiration date: 6 months from today’s date (default)
- Dosage: 35 g/ton
- Duration: 183 days
- Combination drugs: This VFD ONLY authorizes the use of the VFD drug(s) cited in this order and is NOT intended to authorize the use of such drug(s) in combination with any other animal drugs.
After entering the above information, click Preview & sign in the upper right corner and select Preview PDF. After previewing the VFD, sign the certificate by clicking Sign and entering your username and password. After signing, download the completed VFD by clicking Download PDF in the upper right corner of the VFD page.