GVL uses our SmartEngine technology to provide and validate animal import rules for veterinarians. SmartEngine validates rules inside of GVL and allows veterinarians to view the rules on AnimalRegs.com. We have entered your state’s animal import rules into SmartEngine, and in some cases have modified wording to provide a consistent tone from state to state. The following guide will help you log into GVL and validate your state’s rules.
- Login at https://user.globalvetlink.com/gvl2/login/auth
- If you have trouble remembering your password, click the “Reset password” link on the login page.
- Need an account? Contact GVL Customer Success at email@example.com or (515) 817-5704
Once logged in, click SmartEngine, then the Rules tab in the left-hand navigation.
- Here, you can look up your state’s interstate movement rules that GVL has entered into SmartEngine
- You may filter one or all of the filtering criteria
- Rules related to your search will be sorted in the Rule Management Tabs
- When finished, click clear filter to see all unfiltered rules again
Rule Management Tabs:
- Approved by (state initials) are all rules reviewed and approved by your state that are live for use on certificates and animalregs.com.
- Approved by GVL are all rules reviewed and approved by GVL.
- Inactive are all rules that are not yet approved by your state or deactivated for review. These rules will not be live on animalregs.com.
- Awaiting GVL updates - This tab contains rules that you have flagged for review. You are able to leave feedback on edits that need to be made, and GVL will update those rules.
Updating rules in SmartEngine:
- To leave feedback on a rule, move the rule to the Inactive tab by mousing over Actions and clicking “Deactivate rule” on rules in the Approved tabs.
- To update rules in SmartEngine, mouse over the Actions button in the Inactive tab