Download Root Certificate
Click the button below to download the current Root Certificates. This will allow you to verify the signature of most certificates.
Certificate technology has changed over the years. If the most current root certificate does not validate, we have provided alternate potential Root Certificates dependent on when the certificate was signed.
Install Root Certificate
To verify the authentic signature, your device will need to install a Root Certificate. These instructions only need to be performed once per device.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- Click Edit then Preferences then Signatures
- Under Identities and Trusted Certificates, click on the More button by Manage credentials used to trust documents
- Highlight the Trusted Certificates option on the left and then click on the Import button
- Browse and find the file you previously downloaded
- Click Import
- Select the root certificate from the list
- Click Edit Trust
- Check Use this certificate as a trusted root
- Check Certified Documents
- Click Ok